Sunday, July 19, 2015
Day 20: Theme- On Location
Today's creative challenge theme is: On Location. It's inspired by one of my favorite podcasts 99% Invisible hosted by Roman Mars. They did a great episode this week on location scouting in Los Angeles and the Bradbury Building which has been used in a number of films such as Blade Runner which is shown above (click on the link above to listen- it's worth it). I also really suggest checking out Roman's recent TED talk on flag design below which I'm sure all of us can appreciate as artists!
For today's challenge your mission is to go out into the world and get inspired by a location. It can be quaint or futuristic or the back corner of your closet- whatever moves you- just be creative and share what inspires you about the place with us. As always use the hashtag #TERPart and our partners tag #k12artchallenge to share your work via social media.
Also thanks so much to all of you who shared audio with me for the upcoming podcast, I'm really looking forward to launching it later this summer and it's really great to have so many creative social media friends part of it! If you have sent in audio yet but you want to be part of the first episode you still have time, I'll be accepting audio until July 29 and I'd love to hear what you have to say!
1. What role does art play in your life? (How does being creative make you feel or effect you)
2. What is your creative process like? (When you set out to make art, where do you begin and how does the work develop)
3. How does being creative everyday make you feel?
4. How has your relationship with art and creativity changed and developed?
5. Do you believe in an artist's or creative block- have you dealt with it?
6. What's your best advice for people who want to be creative everyday and make art a part of their life?
If you want to be part of the podcast answer these questions via your voice recorder on your smartphone and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with Podcast in the title. Make sure to find a relatively quiet place to record and begin by sharing your name and location.